What happens when your favorite AOL mail is not working? We can understand it gets really frustrating and annoying to everyone.
Without taking any stress, the first thing we have to identify is why your AOL mail is not working
Reasons Why AOL Mail Is Not Working?
Cross-check the below-listed top 7 reasons that cause issues to your Aol mail:
- Unnecessary Cookies
- Corrupt AOL Desktop Software
- Firewalls and Viruses
- Unstable or Week Internet Connectivity
- Compatibility Checks
- Insufficient RAM Memory
Now, let’s move on to the next section, where you will get a quick solution to fix this issue effortlessly.
Quick Steps To Fix AOL Mail Not Working Issues
To resolve this issue instantly, follow the below-listed quick fixes that hardly take 5 minutes:
- Disable system firewalls.
- Stop all security programs that are running currently in your system.
- Run a quick scan of your system that deletes or removes unwanted and dangerous viruses which harm your systems or files.
- Clear your system cache.
- Remove your browsing history.
- Manage your currently running tasks and stop that particular operation that you don’t need now and can be executed later on.
- Ensure you have a stable and strong internet connection and while accessing your AOL mail, it is working.
- Ensure that you have an ample amount of space to load new AOL mails.
- Make sure that you have done the correct configuration settings.
- Disable installed plugins or extensions.
- Install the latest version of the web browser.
- Uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
- Close all the open tabs, files, folders and shut down your system, and then start it again.
If still, you are facing issues with AOL mail, Follow some advance steps to fix the issue.
Detailed Steps To Fix AOL Mail Not Working Issues on Different Operating Systems
Follow the complete step-by-step procedure to rectify all AOL Mail issues” on several platforms such as Android, Mac, Windows, iPhone, etc.
Fix AOL Mail Issues on Windows 10”
Here, we have discussed 4 methods to get rid of AOL mail issues on windows 10.” Follow all the below-listed methods carefully:
1. Ensure You have Correct Server Settings of AOL Mail
The first method in the process of rectifying “AOL mail not working on windows 10” is to ensure the correct mail server setting. Here we have discussed the complete steps for this. Have a quick look!
- Open AOL Gold Browser -> “Settings” -> Tap on the “Manage Accounts” option -> Pick your “AOL Account.”
- Once you select your authorized AOL account, then select the option of “Mailbox Sync Settings.”
- Now, cross-check the below-listed settings here:
- IMAP Username: myAccount@aol.com
- Incoming Mail Server:aol.com
- Port Number: SSL 993, Standard 143
- SMTP Outgoing Server:aol.com.
- Port Number: 587
- SMTP Username: myAccount@aol.com
- Password: Enter the password of your Windows 10 Mail App.
2. Delete and ReCreate or Recover Your AOL Mail Account on the AOL App.
The second method to fix the AOL mail issues is to delete or re-add your account on the AOL mail app. Follow the below-listed steps to implement this trick:
- Open your AOL Mail App >> Visit the “ Settings” section >> Search for the “Manage Accounts” option.
- Here you will find an option of “Delete An Account”, simply click on that
- Now, select your AOL account and your selected AOL account will be deleted from the app automatically.
- After deleting an AOL account, add your unique email I’d again, and that’s it. Your issue has been resolved.
3. Double Step Authentication
Here we flash a spotlight on the third trick to get rid of this problem. In this way, all you have to do is turn off the double-step authentication and the Privacy settings as well. By turning off these two things, your issue has been fixed instantly.
4. Restart Your System
If you do not see any kind of improvement by implementing all the above three tricks, then simply turn off your system and restart it. In some cases, this short and simple method does wonder.
Fix AOL Mail Issues on iPhone
How can we forget iPhone users? Well, in this section, we are going to discuss the steps to fix the issue of “AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone.”
If you are searching for the solution to this exact issue, then follow the below-mentioned 3 methods attentively:
1. Delete and ReCreate or Recover Your AOL Mail Account on the AOL App.
This method is similar to the trick that we use in Windows 10 AOL mail app. All you have to do is delete your AOL mail account from the iPhone AOL mail app and sign in again.
Here, you can find the complete steps to perform this action:
How to Delete AOL Mail Account from your iPhone
Open “Settings” of your iPhone >> Tap on the “Accounts & Passwords” option >> Hit the “AOL account” option >> Select “ Delete Account” option.
If your “AOL Mail is Not Working on iPhone,” then follow the above-mentioned steps to delete your account. Once you perform all these steps, your email account has been deleted automatically.
Now you have to re-add your mail account again by following the below-mentioned procedure:
Steps to Re-Add Your AOL Mail Account on iPhone App
- Open “Settings” of your iPhone >> Tap on the “Accounts & Passwords” option >> Tap on the “Add Account”option.
- At last, Log-In by entering your valid credentials.
2. Reset your iPhone Network Settings
If there is something wrong with your iPhone network settings, then it can also lead to an issue “AOL Mail is Not Working on iPhone.” in such cases, it is good to follow the below-listed steps:
- Open “Settings” of your iPhone >> Hit the “General” option >> Tap on the “Reset” option >> Select the “Reset Network Settings” option.
By performing all these steps, your iPhone network settings have been reset.
3. Turn On Airplane Mode
The next step to resolve “AOL Mail is Not Working on iPhone” is a matter of a second. Just turn on the Airplane mode of your iPhone and immediately turn it off.
Fix AOL Mail Issues on Android
After discussing Mail not working on Windows 10 app or an iPhone, now it’s time to discuss why “AOL Mail Not Working on Android?”
Follow the below-listed 4 methods to solve this quoted issue on the Android platform:
1. Update your Android Software
It is good to update your Android software to get the solution to any email issue on this popular platform. Here we have discussed the complete steps to run a software update. Just go through them.
Note: These are the basic steps. It may differ as per the Android version.
- Open “Settings” of your Android device >> Hit the “About” option >> Tap on the “Version Update” option, and that’s it.
- If there is any update available, then it will install in your gadget.
2. Force Stop and Start AOL Mail App Again
Another method to rectify this is to stop the mail app forcefully and start it again.
Follow the following steps to run this process
- Open “Settings” of your Android device >> Hit the “Apps” option >> Select the “AOL Mail App.”
- Here, you will see a Force Stop button, just tap on this button.
- Now, exit from the settings of your Android device and start your AOL Mail app.
- You will see that your issue has been disappeared.
3. Delete your AOL App Install it Again
If the above two mentioned methods don’t prove useful for you, then simply opt for the old method of uninstalling and reinstalling the AOL app.
Follow the steps:
- Search for the AOL App on your Android gadget.
- Once, you find the app, simply long-press on the AOL mail app icon.
- You will get a couple of options.
- Among all these available options, tap the “Uninstall” option.
- The AOL app is no more on your Android device.
- Now you have to reinstall it from the Google Play Store.
4. Configure and Cross-check AOL Mail Settings
We can’t deny the importance of the right configuration of AOL Mail settings. Here we have mentioned the entire configuration settings in detail. Have a quick look and verify your AOL Mail settings:
Mail server (Incoming): pop.aol.com
Port number (Incoming): 995
Mail server (Outgoing): smtp.aol.com
Port number (Outgoing): 465
By following all the above-mentioned 4 methods, your “AOL Mail Not Working on Android” issue will be fixed.
Fix AOL Mail Issues on Mac
After discussing this issue on Android, iPhone, and window, now, let’s move on to one of the other most popular platforms i.e. Mac.
We have divided this step of guide into two different sections:
- Troubleshooting Steps to fix “unable to receive AOL emails on Mac.”
- Troubleshooting Steps to fix “unable to send AOL emails on Mac.”
So, let’s begin with the first section
Troubleshooting Steps to fix “unable to receive AOL emails on Mac.”
Before discussing further, first ensure that you are entering the right AOL login credentials. There is nothing wrong with the entered information such as capitalization or any sort of mistyping.
If you enter the right login credentials and still face any issues then proceed further.
- Visit the “email menu” option of the already installed AOL mail app, then hit the “Preferences” option.
- Open the “account” tab >> Tap on the “AOL mail account” option >> Hit the “Account Information” option.
- Here, cross-check all the fields. If found any mistake in the entered information, then edit it.
Well, these are the troubleshooting steps to fix “unable to receive AOL emails on Mac.”
Troubleshooting Steps to fix “Unable to Send AOL Emails on Mac.”
Same as being unable to receive AOL mails, some users also face being unable to send AOL mails. If you also encounter this issue, then follow the below-listed steps:
Usually, this issue occurred because of an incorrectly configured SMTP server. So, it is good to check the configuration settings first.
Steps to Configure SMTP Server on Mac
- Tap on the “mail” menu >> Select the “Preferences” option >> Tap “Accounts” tab >> Select “AOL” option available in the left hand-side.
- Tap on the tab named “Server Settings.” Ensure that the “AOL server” is selected corresponding to the Outgoing Mail Account drop-down menu.
- If not, then select “AOL Server.”
If you are currently using an outdated version of the Mac OS, then you might ask for some extra or additional information to fix this issue asap. Ensure the following details for your IMAP or SMTP server:
IMAP and SMTP Server Details:
IMAP server address: imap.aol.com
MTP server address: smtp.aol.com
IMAP User Name: Your AOL screen name
SMTP User Name: Your AOL screen name
IMAP password: Your AOL Mail password
SMTP Password: Your AOL mail password
IMAP Port: 993
SMTP port: 587
IMAP TLS/SSL: Required
SMTP TLS/SSL: Required
I hope that by following all these steps, your “AOL Mail Not Working on Mac,” disappears.
Fix AOL Mail Issues on Outlook.
Similar to all the above-mentioned tricks, also has three ways to resolve. Let’s discuss all these methods one by one
1. Upgrade your Security pin/ Password
It is suggested that if you have modified your AOL email security pin on the internet or browser, then ensure that you have updated the same on the email client like Outlook.
Steps to Update your AOL Security Pin on Outlook:
- Open Outlook >> Tap on the “Account Settings” >>Pick your “AOL email account” and update your recently changed security pin.
2. Check Incoming Server Details
Another reason to lead “AOL Mail Not Working on Outlook” is the wrong Incoming Server details. So, check your IMAP and POP settings before proceeding ahead:
Incoming IMAP server address:export.imap.aol.com
Outgoing SMTP server address: smtp.aol.com
IMAP TLS/SSL: Required
SMTP TLS/SSL: Required
Your Login Details: Email and security pin
3: Update your Outlook Application
If an end-user is using the outdated version of the outlook mail, then he or she must upgrade that application to get rid of this issue.
I wish that by following this guide, all your AOL mail not working issues will finally disappear. If still, you are facing any issues contact AOL customer service representatives.